In response to the generosity of God we want to be generous in our own giving, recognising that this happens in many different ways. The church could not exist without people giving their time, skills, energies and money.
Our financial aims are:
- To celebrate what God has done.
- To celebrate the generosity of the church members.
- To promote a theologically and financially informed and involved membership.
- To provide a clear link between our giving and the mission of the church.
- To remove the taboo associated with money so that finance is seen as an integral part of church membership.
- To encourage and enable those who, owing to personal circumstances, wish to give by non-financial means.
As part of the Church of England we pay an annual amount to the Diocese to support clergy salaries and pensions including support for churches that are not able to afford to support their own clergy. The Diocese also uses the money to employ a small group of people to give specialist support to parishes and clergy. This money is called the Parish Share.
The majority of our income comes from the generous gifts and regular donations of our congregations and as well as paying our Parish Share we use this income to:
- pay the salaries of our staff and pay our bills,
- maintain the church grounds and buildings
- enable mission and encourage community in the parish.
We allocate 10% of the money given to Christ Church to support many missionary and social concern groups that as a church we feel we want to support together.
Recognising that giving happens in many ways, if you would like to give to Christ Church financially there are different ways of doing this:
- Weekly envelopes
- Standing Order
We also seek to be tax efficient so, for example, for every £80 given by tax payers we recover £20 from the Inland Revenue.
Find some links below with helpful further guidance on giving:
Click here for a confidential online pledge form.
(this is only seen by our planned giving secretary, once you have completed a pledge form you can download details of the CCC bank/standing order details)
The people who administer our finances for us are:
- Gary Stephenson (Treasurer)
- Paul Beedell (Planned Giving Secretary)
- Supported by Karen Walker and Bill Taylor
, the page owner.